I've never been so satisfied with my current daily setup as remote-SRE (Python/Golang), so why just not sharing it?
- ThinkPad X260
- Samsung 27” Curved LED (yes only one screen)
- WASD Keyboard Cherry MX Brown 88-Key
- Steelseries Rival 100 mice
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Headphone (for music)
- HyperX Cloud II Headphone (for vocal)
Tips & notes
- To directly run tmux with alacritty you can edit your
DesktopEntry like that:
Exec=env WAYLAND_DISPLAY= alacritty -e tmux
- Use Visual Code Studio from FlatHub to have a Microsoft-free compiled binary. Because binaries given by Microsoft are not open source.
- My dotfiles are on Gitlab.
- I don't have standing desk, but I have a nice seat. My back never hurts.
- My terminal and editor have grey & white (monochrome for editor) colorschemes. I advize you to try it if you have regular headcaches.
- I'm self hosting some services like: Shaarli, TinyTinyRss, Nextcloud, RSS-Bridge and more.
The most important part, buy a nebulizer diffuser it's amazing. My favorite essential oils are “Pepper mint”, “Tea tree” & “Niaouli”.
Feel free to leave comments and share your setup here.